Paleo Pizza Crust
|Dietary||Diabetic, Gluten Free|
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use less if desired)
- 4 Large eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
|1. Preheat oven to 375. |
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour almond meal baking powder and garlic powder.
3. Use a whisk to eliminate any lumps.
4. Start adding in the wet ingredients. Continue to whisk to keep everything from clumping. There will be a point where you will not be able to use the whisk and have to use your hands.
5. The batter will be quite soft and will be a much different texture than the crust dough you are used to.
6. Line your pan of choice with parchment paper and brush lightly with olive oil.
7. Pour the batter into your pan.
8. Use wet hands to spread the dough out to the sides.
9. Bake crust in oven for 15-20 minutes.
10. Prepare your toppings of choice.
|Prepare your pizza topping ingredients while the crust bakes. |
Tomato sauce, ground pork, bacon, artichoke hearts, grilled chicken, you name it.
|Put it all together|
|Once the crust has been pre-baked, take it out of the oven and top it with your chosen toppings. |
Back into to oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese and make sure everything is heated through.